Software Descriptions »
Description of Recuva 1.43.623
Undelete, unerase, files recovery
Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players.
It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!
• Simple to use interface - just click 'Scan' and choose the files you want to recover
• Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
• Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
• Can be run from a USB thumb drive
• Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
• Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
• Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
• Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives
• It's fast, tiny and takes seconds to run!
What is new in version 1.43.623
• Added recovery of Alternate Data Streams.
• Improved support for files larger than 4GB.
• Filters are now applied dynamically with significant improvement in memory usage.
• Filters added to "Save as file list" feature.
• NTFS permissions are now reported correctly.
• Improved reporting for failed zero byte files.
• Improved accuracy of recovery potential for JPEGs.
• Improved handling of free space during recovery.
• Improved support for multiple monitors.